McNeese State University Bookstore Records
4.61 linear feet
Collection Number 152
Prepared by Patricia
Bookstore Records, Collection No. 152, Box number, Folder
Archives and Special
The MSU Bookstore serves as the main bookstore for the campus. The Bookstore was first located in Kaufman Hall but moved to the Ranch shortly after its construction. The store has operated since 1957. Brownie Boozer was the first manager of the bookstore, followed by Eugene Rainbolt, Myrtle Underwood, Fern Foster, and Denise Sims. Mrs. Boozer received the Alumni Presidentís Cup in 1972.
Bordelon, Kathie. The College History Series: McNeese State University. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2001. P. 48.
Scope and Content Note
The records consist of a "doggy cap," four scrapbooks, two afghans, and a felt banner. Mrs. Boozer compiled the scrapbooks, which document the work of the bookstore, 1964-1970. The two afghans depict various buildings on campus. The bookstore produced one beige and blue afghan ca. 1993 and one multicolored afghan in 2003. The bookstore carried the blue and gold banner, ca. 1995, which depicts the MSU logo. Freshmen men purchased "doggy caps" from the bookstore as part of the initiation rite of seniors shaving freshmen's heads. This doggy cap belonged to Owen R. Bourque, a freshman in 1952.