McNeese State University Virtual Tour

Another view of Frasch

Frasch Hall 

Frasch Hall sits at the corner of Beauregard Drive and Ryan Street. It was named in 1965 for Dr. Herman Frasch, a German chemist who developed the modern process for mining sulfur. He first performed his process in western Calcasieu Parish on Christmas Eve,1894. The building was designed by the architectural & engineering firm of Dunn & Quinn and constructed in 1955 as the Science Building. The annex was designed by Vincent & King Architects, and added in 1993 to include more classrooms and labs. It houses the Departments of Biological & Environmental Sciences and Physics within the College of Science.

Back to the Ranch

Library Home Page | Archives Home Page | MSU Encyclopedia | MSU Virtual Tour


Copyright 2006 McNeese State University